Online 2-Hour WIC Oral Health Training
$200.00 for 1 year
This two-hour training seeks to give WIC staff the resources to discuss the connection between oral health and a healthy pregnancy. Participants will learn about the current state of oral health of young children and how healthy teeth relate to a child’s health and nutritional status.
We recommend all staff complete this training before beginning use of the curriculum. Staff who complete the training receive a certificate.
- How to use Brush resources with clients
- How oral health impacts the WIC mission
- Current statistics about the rate of dental decay in young children
- Define key oral health vocabulary terms
- Overview of the high risk groups for dental decay
- Pregnancy and oral health – the correlation between oral health and pre-term labor
- Oral health from birth
- The one-year old dental visit – why it is important
- Overview of the key developmental areas affected by dental decay and how nutritional status, body weight and school readiness are impacted by decay
Online training is accessible for one year after purchase.
Kit that Accompanies the Online 2-Hour WIC Oral Health Training: