Online 1-Hour Oral Health Teacher Training for Children with Special Needs
$250.00 for 1 year
This one-hour training seeks to address the unique oral health challenges children with special needs may have and gives staff the resources to discuss oral health obstacles. The Brush Curriculum Kit for Children with Special Needs starts the oral health discussion with parents who care for a child with special needs.
We recommend all staff complete this training before beginning use of the Special Needs curriculum. Staff who complete the training receive a certificate.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to use the Brush Curriculum Kit for Children with Special Needs and parent materials to promote dental health in both the classroom and in the home environment
- Identify the ways in which primary teeth are important to a child’s health and success in school
- Understand the importance of primary teeth in child development
- Understand the characteristics and causes of dental decay
- Learn about the importance of nutrition in preventing decay
- Have a better understanding of oral health information for specific special needs including: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome and G-Tube and Tracheostomy
Online training is accessible for one year after purchase.
Kit that Accompanies the Online 1-Hour Oral Health Teacher Training for Children with Special Needs: