Brush provides curriculum and resources to improve children’s oral health in the early childhood and home visiting settings. Brush takes a three-pronged approach of improving oral health through professional development; low-literacy resources for parents; and educational resources for children.
Our resources focus on five themes:
Theme 1: Brushing teeth at least twice a day.
Theme 2: Visiting the dentist regularly.
Theme 3: The importance of good nutrition and understanding which foods help teeth and which foods can hurt teeth.
Theme 4: The importance of primary teeth (in speech, in chewing healthy foods, in protecting the adult teeth, etc.)
Theme 5: How dental health relates to school readiness and school success.
For the early childhood classroom or home visit, Brush helps to improve children’s oral health through:
- Professional development training
- A year-long 52 lesson curriculum, which meets Head Start domains (see a sample page)
- A 12 lesson abridged curriculum
- Parent handouts
- Fun add-ons: animal teeth cards, magnetic curriculum, etc.
- Curriculum kits designed for your needs
- Brush original children’s books
We also offer materials designed specifically for use by home visitors and early interventionists: